Pages

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Today is a Good Day.

Today is a good day. In my life, it's the small victories that bring the most joy. My son is nine. For the past two days, he dressed himself and brushed his own teeth...without being asked, without prompts or redirection. That may not seem like a big deal for anyone with kids older than 4, but it's a first for us. A first for our son.

Today is a good day. Today is the success of more than six years of work to get here. Today I see the fruits of my labours and I have confidence that we will obtain all the other goals we have set for this amazing little person we love!

Living with a person who has special needs changes your perspective and makes you cherish all the little moments that so many of us let slip by unnoticed. I am grateful that God blessed us with this little man who makes me slow down, pay attention, and really WATCH my children growing up. Today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment